Saturday 10 October 2009

More New Work!

Technically, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this. I'm working on a project for Den and this is one of the preliminary sketches I've come up with for a character he's asked me to draw. I'm not 100% sure however, if Den has given me permission to post my workings here. For this reason I'm going to be deliberately ambiguous as to who this is supposed to be.

To Den I would say this- I've tried to include everything you mentioned in your description, however you did say she was wearing both a parka and a toolbelt, which would seem to be mutually exclusive if they were to be depicted at the same time as one would cover the other, so I've gone for a shorter jacket design. As for the gun; I had to go trawling through Intron Depot and the Appleseed Databook to find designs to homage (rip off) and I hope what I came up with was more or less what you envisioned...

I've also been working on the Wonky Donkey (reminds me of the Mucky Pig, ah, memories) and thought I'd combine the ideas you had with a combine harvester style design, replacing the wheels with tracks and the whirly deathblades with a plough, then Sovieting the whole thing up a bit (btw I live with a Russian so if you actually want any Cyrillic text on it just let me know and she can translate whatever you want). Obviously pics will follow either here or, if you'd rather I didn't post, then in an email.

Quite buzzed about this project so watch this space (or don't, depending on the level of secrecy required) for more...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it love it love it.

I actually doodled something myself on Friday morning in a meeting and realised the same thing about the tool belt, so kudos for your initiative/ problem solving.

If you add the copyright line in the script I think we should cover ourselves. :)

Now that is a damn fine start to a Monday morning. Thanks!

Oddzilla said...

Dude! Sweet :) Really like it man. Always good to see something new from you buddy, like Den said great way to start a Monday, specially after my abortive weekend...

Once again it gives me the bug to get something Dead End done so something or other will wing it's way to you soon, cant have Den monopolising ALL your time :)

Also... if your keeping the identity of that character a secret, might want to change the file name.

Jared said...

Wowser!