Wednesday 2 December 2009

Suffer Not The Mutant To Live!

These two pics have been drifting around the top of my sketch book file for the past few months and, fancying a break from all the shiny new DECONSTRUCTED niceness I thought I'd post them. Sadly, although the extremely thin drafting paper (about 40gsm) I drew them on is great for detail work and takes a line really well it also had a tendency to compress and then crease when used. It's not really noticeable to the naked eye but the strong point light source of the scanner I use really accentuates the ridges. Pity, but there you go.

This dude is just your standard rank and file cannon- fodder guardsman, no doubt soon to become a Tyranid toothpick or have his head burst by the fiendish machinations of the chaos gods. Poor bloke. I always liked the guard- I mean Space Marines are all very well and good but they only account for about a tenth of one percent of the Imperium's fighting strength. In terms of sure volume, it's the Guard who win every time. Plus they get tons of cool tanks and shit.

I freakin' love Eldar. That's all there is to say about this dude. Somewhere, lost within the pages of my books or on a dusty hard drive somewhere there's a pretty cool picture of a Harlequin Deathjester. I'll see if I can find it.


No comments: