Monday 17 August 2009

I also read.

It would be easy to conclude from the material that I publish here that I am some kind of lethargic scifi loving, snack eating, tv watching, xbox gaming couch potato- but that would be underestimating me. I also read. Quite a lot in fact.

I love reading. Sometimes I like to draw from books I'm reading- mostly character sketches and such- some of which I'm bound to throw out on this page at some point. Very occasionally I'll render something a bit more complete as in this case.

Above is a drawing I did while I was reading Absolution Gap by Alastair Reynolds. Hopefully if you've read it you might be able to recognise some of the imagery in the picture, if you haven't I'm not going to try to explain it. Suffice to say it is somewhat... complicated. Definitely recommend it though, along with Robert Jordan (RIP) Peter F. Hamilton and Naomi Novik, Reynolds is one of my favourite authors. Look him up!

By the way, I purposely left the book binding in this scan so you can see just how much of the page I filled. Unusual for me- it's very rare for me to fill a page that much.

No comments: